This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and experienced Research Project-focused person to join our well-funded, innovative technology venture. We offer a high-performance, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure cloud platform for on-premise or hosted infrastructures, enabling Enterprise-level companies to build optimized cloud solutions.
This is a multi-faceted role which will be focused on helping to push forward several, cutting-edge, research projects (EU-, public- or privately-funded). These cover areas such as cloud computing platforms, hyperconverged systems, embedded systems / accelerators, 5G and NFV technologies. The role will involve EU travel (1+ times p/month).
General skills description:
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of project managing technically challenging software development/research projects and be confident coordinating projects with a team of both local and remote engineers. They would also be able to determine and oversee tasks required to achieve the project objectives, communicating with other project partners (e.g. through email, meetings, calls etc.). They will need to be enthusiastic and open-minded towards the best way to achieve the end goal of managing multiple, demanding projects.
- Solid experience and track record of managing research or technology development projects
- Proven experience producing technical documents (e.g. deliverables, academic papers, proposal content)
- Experience of varied development methodologies with an open mind as to their applicability
- Ability to develop and monitor multiple project schedules, timelines, and to identify risks and mitigations
- Excellent technical writing skills in English
- Excellent oral and presentation skills in English
- BSc and background in applied sciences (e.g. computing, engineering, etc.)
Desired/Good to have
- Experience working on pan-European Research projects
- Experience interfacing with a variety of stakeholders, e.g. external project partners, reviewers etc.
- Software development experience (any programming language)
- Experience in using virtualisation platforms (e.g. Xen, KVM, VMWare) or cloud computing platforms
- Publications or background related to computing or engineering
- Masters or PhD in software engineering or related engineering topics
A small, informal, versatile software development / R&D team building cutting edge technology seeks a motivated and enthusiastic Research Project Assistant / Coordinator. The team comprises extremely highly qualified, experienced professionals, working in a dynamic startup environment. The majority of the team is based in Crete, but other sub teams are remote, so they rely heavily on good quality, proactive communication.